Boise Inc (BZ): Today's Featured Consumer Goods Loser
The consumer goods sector closed the day up 1.5%. Crocs Inc (CROX), Tandy Brands Accessories (TBAC), STR Holdings Inc (STRI), and Reddy Ice Holdings Inc (FRZ) were all decliners today within the consumer goods sector with Boise Inc (BZ) being today's featured consumer goods loser. Boise Inc fell 3 cents (-0.6%) to $5.43 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.1 million shares of Boise Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. Boise Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of paper and packaging products. Boise Inc has a market cap of $693.3 million and is part of the consumer non-durables industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 5.5, above the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio of 5.3 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 31% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Boise as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Boise Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV