Obama's Teleprompter Stolen From Truck
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- A truck that contained President Barack Obama's teleprompter was stolen from a hotel parking lot in Richmond, Va.
The truck was stolen on Monday and was subsequently recovered in another hotel parking lot close to the Richmond International Airport, according to The Associated Press.
|One of Obama's teleprompters in 2009|
The truck contained presidential seals, podiums and sound equipment, Richmond station WWBT-TV first reported.The teleprompter was recovered along with the other equipment -- all of which was worth some $200,000, foxnews.com reported. "No classified or sensitive information was in the vehicle," the Defense Information System Agency said on Tuesday in a statement. "We take incidents such as this very seriously, and a formal investigation is continuing in coordination with relevant law enforcement agencies." At a speech in Millers Creek, N.C., on Monday the president could be seen using notes at his podium while discussing his American Jobs Act. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >To contact the writer, click here: Joe Deaux. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to: http://twitter.com/JoeDeaux. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV