LOS ANGELES, Oct. 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- When the Los Angeles Kings face off against the St. Louis Blues tonight at STAPLES Center for their home opener, fans will experience the action in an entirely new and interactive way. Leading-edge custom digital video technology solutions deployed by Verizon and Cisco will more closely connect fans to what's happening on the ice while providing a wide array of information about onsite amenities and services available to them.
Owned and operated by AEG, STAPLES Center is one of the premier sports and entertainment venues in the world and hosts four major sports franchises, more than 250 events and four million visitors annually. A leader in innovation, AEG recognized a need to upgrade STAPLES Center's electronic capabilities to better service its increasingly tech-savvy fan base while creating new streams of revenue for the venue, sponsors and partners. By collaborating with Cisco to create a Connected Sports and Entertainment environment, and with Verizon to design and build the essential technology foundation, AEG has given the venue a technology makeover that keeps it in a class of the best and most innovative facilities in the world.
One of the most noticeable changes is the addition of Cisco StadiumVision™, an innovative digital video and content distribution system that centrally controls and delivers targeted high-definition video and highly relevant digital content to guests. More than 375 Panasonic HD video displays located in the luxury suites (including 175 Full HD3D screens), at refreshment stands and around the Premiere Level give STAPLES Center new channels of communication and engagement with their diverse audiences, while providing fans with an immersive multimedia experience.
Verizon and Cisco Creating the Ultimate Fan Experience:
- In the luxury suites, Cisco StadiumVision further personalizes the event experience by allowing fans to customize their view of the live game or show below, or switch to other channels of premium HD content, by simply changing the channel via the Cisco® touch-screen Unified IP Phones in conjunction with Verizon voice-over-IP service. In the future, fans will also be able to order concessions and team merchandise for delivery to the suites by using the touch screen on the phones.
- With constantly changing games, teams and events, one of the keys for STAPLES Center is the flexibility of the technology being delivered by Verizon and Cisco. The entire color scheme, content and branding of the venue can be done with the push of a few buttons, and this is proving exceptionally valuable at the concessions stands where dynamic menu boards can easily be updated with new menu items and pricing.
- AEG is already seeing a strong return on its investment evidenced by results from the early deployment of digital and dynamic menu boards at concessions. For example, in March, AEG saw a 9 percent increase in revenue (year over year) from concessions for Los Angeles Kings games. Even more impressive was the 400 percent increase in revenue (year over year) from select promotions offered for the Los Angeles Sparks games this season.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV