MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Oct. 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ: OMCL), a leading provider of medication and supply management solutions and analytics software for healthcare facilities, today announced that Schneck Medical Center will implement the new fourth generation Omnicell G4 medication management solutions for pharmacy, nursing and perioperative care areas. The hospital chose Omnicell not only for the G4 technology platform, but also its modular approach to upgrades that allows Schneck to stay current with technology without the disruption of whole product replacement. Schneck expects to complete the installation in November 2011.
"The Omnicell solutions offer state-of-the-art medication management solutions with improved data access and reporting features over those offered by our previous system," said Justin Brown, director of pharmacy at Schneck Medical Center. "At Schneck, we pride ourselves in leading the way with innovative technology and recognize that the Omnicell G4 platform offers industry-defining technology to help improve workflow and enhance patient safety."
The G4 platform offers an intuitive user interface across the products and a single unified database across automated medication dispensing cabinets, helping to decrease the risk of human error and improve pharmacy workflow. With Schneck's previous medication management solution, pharmacy staff had to contact the vendor directly when reports were needed. With enhanced reporting capabilities in the G4 platform, Schneck will now have immediate access to data on medication usage and tracking.
Schneck will implement several new solutions from the Omnicell G4 platform, including:
- OmniRx® G4 Automated Medication Dispensing Cabinets (ADCs) throughout the nursing floors for an advanced and flexible automated dispensing system designed to monitor and control drug dispensing.
- Anesthesia Workstation™ G4 in operating rooms to allow for secure, convenient access to drugs required during surgery and documentation of controlled substances.
- Controlled Substance Management System (CSM) in the central pharmacy to provide perpetual inventory management and closed-loop tracking for dispensing controlled substances.
- Anywhere RN™ solution, which allows nurses to remotely review and select medication orders needed from the cabinet to save time and minimize interruptions that could lead to medication administration errors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV