ATLANTA ( TheStreet) -- Coca-Cola (KO ), the beverages giant, posted adjusted third-quarter earnings of $1.03 a share, a penny above analysts' estimates, as worldwide volume rose 5% and revenue jumped 45% to $12.25 billion.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected Coke to earn $1.02 a share in the third quarter on revenue of $12.01 billion.
Reported earnings in the quarter were $2.22 billion, or 95 cents a share, up from $2.06 billion, or 88 cents, a year earlier.
Coca-Cola, in a press release Tuesday, said North American organic volume growth was 1% in the third quarter.-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV