HOPKINTON, Massachusetss (TheStreet) -- EMC (EMC), earned 37 cents a share on a non-GAAP basis in the third quarter, topping analysts' estimates, as demand for its storage products boosted revenue by 18%.
EMC earned $606 million, or 27 cents a share, in the third quarter on a GAAP basis, up 28% from $473 million, or 22 cents, a year earlier. Non-GAAP earnings were $822 million, up 27%.
Revenue was $4.98 billion.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected EMC to earn 36 cents a share on revenue of $4.9 billion.EMC said it remains "on track" to exceed its full-year goal of $19.8 billion in revenue, GAAP earnings of $1.07 a share and non-GAAP EPS of $1.48. For the year, analysts expect EMC to post profit of $1.48 a share on revenue of $19.85 billion. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV