Marten Transport Ltd. Stock Downgraded (MRTN)
- MRTN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 16.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- MRTN has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, MRTN has a quick ratio of 1.63, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for MARTEN TRANSPORT LTD is rather low; currently it is at 16.20%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 4.10% significantly trails the industry average.
- MRTN has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 22.02% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts