Synergetics USA Inc. (SURG): Today's Featured Health Care Winner
The health care sector closed the day down 1.9%. Anadys Pharmaceuticals Inc (ANDS), Cardium Therapeutics Inc (CXM), Kips Bay Medical Inc (KIPS), and Marina Biotech Inc (MRNA) were all winners today within the health care sector with Synergetics USA Inc (SURG) being today's featured health care winner. Synergetics USA Inc rose 5 cents (0.8%) to $6.11 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 245,258 shares of Synergetics USA Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 128,600 shares. Synergetics USA, Inc., a medical device company, engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of microsurgical instruments and consumables primarily for ophthalmology and neurosurgery markets in the United States and internationally. Synergetics USA Inc has a market cap of $151.3 million and is part of the health services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 26.3, equal to the average health services industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 28.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Synergetics USA as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Synergetics USA Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV