Seaspan Corporation (SSW): Today's Featured Transportation Winner
The transportation industry closed the day down 3%. Grupo TMM S.A (TMM), Horizon Lines Inc (HRZ), B&H Ocean Carriers (BHO), and TBS International (TBSI) were all winners today within the transportation industry with Seaspan Corporation (SSW) being today's featured transportation winner. Seaspan Corporation rose 30 cents (2.3%) to $13.58 on average volume. Throughout the day, 375,843 shares of Seaspan Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 327,300 shares. Seaspan Corporation owns and operates the containerships that are engaged in the deep-sea container transportation business in Hong Kong. The company charters its containerships pursuant to long-term, fixed-rate time charters to various container liner companies. Seaspan Corporation has a market cap of $893.1 million and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.9, below the average transportation industry P/E ratio of 20.5 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Seaspan as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, robust revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and generally poor debt management.
- You can view the full Seaspan Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV