The transportation industry closed the day down 3%. Grupo TMM S.A (TMM), Horizon Lines Inc (HRZ), B&H Ocean Carriers (BHO), and TBS International (TBSI) were all winners today within the transportation industry with Seaspan Corporation (SSW) being today's featured transportation winner. Seaspan Corporation rose 30 cents (2.3%) to $13.58 on average volume. Throughout the day, 375,843 shares of Seaspan Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 327,300 shares. Seaspan Corporation owns and operates the containerships that are engaged in the deep-sea container transportation business in Hong Kong. The company charters its containerships pursuant to long-term, fixed-rate time charters to various container liner companies. Seaspan Corporation has a market cap of $893.1 million and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.9, below the average transportation industry P/E ratio of 20.5 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Seaspan as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, robust revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and generally poor debt management.
- You can view the full Seaspan Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SSW
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV