Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile SA (SQM): Today's Featured Chemicals Winner
The chemicals industry closed the day down 3%. Rentech Inc (RTK), American Pacific Corporation (APFC), Synthesis Energy Sys Inc (SYMX), and Pacific Ethanol Inc (PEIX) were all winners today within the chemicals industry with Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile (SQM) being today's featured chemicals winner. Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile rose 32 cents (0.6%) to $55.08 on average volume. Throughout the day, 969,099 shares of Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 771,600 shares. Chemical & Mining Co. of Chile Inc. engages in the production and sale of fertilizers and specialty chemicals in Chile and internationally. Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile has a market cap of $14 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 36.6, above the average chemicals industry P/E ratio of 31.5 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 6.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV