The financial services industry closed the day down 2.5%. ProShares Ultra 7-10 Year Treasury (UST), ProShares UltraShort DJ-UBS Commodity (CMD), Ampal-American Israel Corporation (AMPL), and Consumer Portfolio Services Inc (CPSS) were all winners today within the financial services industry with Mesabi (MSB) being today's featured financial services winner. Mesabi rose 56 cents (2.4%) to $24.35 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 335,868 shares of Mesabi exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 115,800 shares. Mesabi Trust operates as grantor trust in the United States. It produces iron ore pellets. The company holds interests in various properties, including its interest as an assignor in the amended assignments of Peters Lease and Cloquet Lease, which together cover approximately 9,750 acres in St. Mesabi has a market cap of $309.4 million and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.4, equal to the average financial services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 38.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Mesabi as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Mesabi Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MSB
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV