Makita Corporation (MKTAY): Today's Featured Industrial Goods Winner
The industrial goods sector closed the day down 3.2%. NF Energy Saving (NFEC), Hydrogenics Corporation (HYGS), American Defense Systems Inc (EAG), and China Ming Yang Wind Power Group (MY) were all winners today within the industrial goods sector with Makita Corporation (MKTAY) being today's featured industrial goods winner. Makita Corporation rose 73 cents (1.9%) to $38 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4,499 shares of Makita Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,000 shares. Makita Corporation manufactures and sells a range of electric power tools worldwide. Makita Corporation has a market cap of $5.4 billion and is part of the industrial industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.9, below the average industrial industry P/E ratio of 27.9 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 4.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Makita as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, robust revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Makita Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV