Itron Inc. (ITRI): Today's Featured Electronics Winner
The electronics industry closed the day down 3.1%. Sequans Communications SA ADR (SQNS), Ramtron International Corporation (RMTR), Data I/O Corporation (DAIO), and Giga-tronics Inc (GIGA) were all winners today within the electronics industry with Itron Inc (ITRI) being today's featured electronics winner. Itron Inc rose 26 cents (0.8%) to $33.57 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 876,273 shares of Itron Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 503,200 shares. Itron, Inc. provides products and services for the energy and water markets worldwide. It produces standard electricity, natural gas, and water meters for residential, commercial, industrial, and transmission and distribution customers. Itron Inc has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of eight, below the average electronics industry P/E ratio of 12.1 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 39.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Itron as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Itron Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV