The metals & mining industry closed the day down 3.9%. USEC Inc (USU), Avino Silver & Gold Mines (ASM), Avino Silver & Gold Mines (ASGMF), and Sutor Technology Group (SUTR) were all winners today within the metals & mining industry with Friedman Industries Inc (FRD) being today's featured metals & mining winner. Friedman Industries Inc rose 7 cents (0.8%) to $9.42 on average volume. Throughout the day, 26,047 shares of Friedman Industries Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 31,400 shares. Friedman Industries, Incorporated, together with its subsidiaries, engages in steel processing, pipe manufacturing and processing, and steel and pipe distribution activities in the United States. Friedman Industries Inc has a market cap of $63.2 million and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.4, equal to the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Friedman as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Friedman Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about FRD
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV