Managed High Yield Plus Fund Inc. (NYSE: HYF) (the “Fund”), a closed-end management investment company seeking high income, and secondarily, capital appreciation, primarily through investments in lower-rated, income-producing debt and related equity securities, today announced its performance for the first quarter ended August 31, 2011.
For the first quarter ended August 31, 2011, the Fund's earnings from net investment income were $3,249,215, equal to $0.05 per share. Total net realized and unrealized losses from investment activities were $(11,744,438), equal to $(0.19) per share, for the same period. This compares to earnings from net investment income of $3,510,270, equal to $0.06 per share, and total net realized and unrealized gains from investment activities of $2,730,378, equal to $0.04 per share, for the first quarter ended August 31, 2010.
On August 31, 2011, net assets of the Fund were $127,627,100. The net asset value per share was $2.06, based on 61,954,401 shares outstanding, which represents a decrease of 2.37% from the net asset value per share of $2.11 ($130,073,011 applicable to 61,551,967 shares outstanding) on August 31, 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV