Managed High Yield Plus Fund Inc. (NYSE: HYF) (the “Fund”), a closed-end management investment company seeking high income, and secondarily, capital appreciation, primarily through investments in lower-rated, income-producing debt and related equity securities, today announced its performance for the first quarter ended August 31, 2011.
For the first quarter ended August 31, 2011, the Fund's earnings from net investment income were $3,249,215, equal to $0.05 per share. Total net realized and unrealized losses from investment activities were $(11,744,438), equal to $(0.19) per share, for the same period. This compares to earnings from net investment income of $3,510,270, equal to $0.06 per share, and total net realized and unrealized gains from investment activities of $2,730,378, equal to $0.04 per share, for the first quarter ended August 31, 2010.
On August 31, 2011, net assets of the Fund were $127,627,100. The net asset value per share was $2.06, based on 61,954,401 shares outstanding, which represents a decrease of 2.37% from the net asset value per share of $2.11 ($130,073,011 applicable to 61,551,967 shares outstanding) on August 31, 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV