Harwood Feffer LLP Announces Investigation Of El Paso Corp.
Harwood Feffer LLP ( www.hfesq.com) is investigating potential claims against the board of directors of El Paso Corp. ("El Paso" or the "Company") (NYSE: EP) concerning the proposed acquisition of the Company by Kinder Morgan, Inc. (“Kinder Morgan”) in a transaction valued at $38 billion.
On October 16, 2011, El Paso and Kinder Morgan announced they had entered into a definitive agreement pursuant to which Kinder Morgan will acquire El Paso. Under the terms of the agreement, Kinder Morgan will acquire all outstanding shares of El Paso for approximately $26.87 per share. El Paso shareholders will receive $14.61 in cash per share plus 0.4187 shares of Kinder Morgan (valued at approximately $11.26 per El Paso share) and 0.640 Kinder Morgan warrants (valued at approximately $0.96 per El Paso share). The warrants have an exercise price of $40 and a five-year term. El Paso shareholders will be able to elect either i) $25.91 in cash, ii) 0.9635 shares of Kinder Morgan common stock, or iii) $14.65 in cash plus 0.4187 shares of Kinder Morgan common stock for each El Paso Share held. Under all circumstances, El Paso shareholders will receive the 0.640 warrants per El Paso share held, subject to proration. El Paso’s board, two members of which will join the Kinder Morgan board the close of the transaction, has agreed not to solicit competing transactions. At least one analyst has set a price target for El Paso stock of $28.00 per share.
Our investigation concerns whether the board of directors has breached its fiduciary duties by failing to adequately shop the Company and whether the board undertook a fair process and obtained fair consideration for El Paso stockholders. In light of the fact that the transaction will make Kinder Morgan the fourth largest energy company in North America, El Paso shareholders may be in a position to demand an increased premium.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV