Energy Stocks: Winners and Losers
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Shares of Complete Production Services (CPX), Cobalt International Energy (CIE), Gran Tierra Energy (GTE) and ReneSola (SOL) made gains last week, while shares of First Solar (FSLR), Superior Energy Services (SPN), Chesapeake Midstream Partners (CHKM) and TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. (TAT) fell.
Complete Production Services led the pack of winners last week, gaining 53.2%.
Cobalt International Energy rose 26.4%.
Gran Tierra Energy improved 25.3%. The company starts exploration drilling operations on two oil prospects in Brazil, as per International Resource News.ReneSola increased 23.8%. Other movers were Frontline Ltd. (FRO) (up 23.0%), Oasis Petroleum (OAS) (up 22.7%), Forest Oil Corp (FST) (up 22.6%) and Denbury Resources Inc (DNR) (up 22.0%).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV