Energy Stocks: Winners and Losers
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Shares of Complete Production Services (CPX), Cobalt International Energy (CIE), Gran Tierra Energy (GTE) and ReneSola (SOL) made gains last week, while shares of First Solar (FSLR), Superior Energy Services (SPN), Chesapeake Midstream Partners (CHKM) and TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. (TAT) fell.
Complete Production Services led the pack of winners last week, gaining 53.2%.
Cobalt International Energy rose 26.4%.
Gran Tierra Energy improved 25.3%. The company starts exploration drilling operations on two oil prospects in Brazil, as per International Resource News.ReneSola increased 23.8%. Other movers were Frontline Ltd. (FRO) (up 23.0%), Oasis Petroleum (OAS) (up 22.7%), Forest Oil Corp (FST) (up 22.6%) and Denbury Resources Inc (DNR) (up 22.0%).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV