The company reported income from continuing operations of 94 cents a share, beating analysts' estimates by 2 cents. The figure excludes a $19 million, after-tax charge, or 2 cents.
Net earnings for the quarter rose 26% to $683 million, or 74 cents a share, from $544 million, or 60 cents a share in the year-ago period. Revenue for the third quarter was $6.5 billion, up 40% from $4.67 billion in the third quarter a year ago.
Analysts were expecting revenue of $6.4 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV