Anadys Announces Agreement To Be Acquired By Roche
SAN DIEGO, Oct. 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Anadys Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: ANDS) today announced that it has entered into a definitive merger agreement to be acquired by Roche (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY). Under the terms of the merger agreement, Roche will commence an all cash tender offer for all outstanding shares of common stock of Anadys at USD 3.70 per share.
The USD 3.70 per share cash offer price represents a 256% premium over the closing price of USD 1.04 on October 14, 2011.
Steve Worland, President and Chief Executive Officer of Anadys, said: "Since Anadys' formation, our focus has been on driving forward research and development that would make a real difference to the lives of patients, especially those with hepatitis. With Roche's considerable capabilities and experience in HCV, we believe this acquisition provides the best chance of success for the new potential treatments to reach patients. I would like to thank all our contributors for their dedicated efforts to advance the compounds to their current position."
Jean-Jacques Garaud, Global Head of Roche Pharma Research and Early Development, said: "This acquisition augments Roche's already strong HCV portfolio. Our aim is to offer physicians and hepatitis patients a powerful combination of therapies that bring us closer to a cure, even without the use of interferon. Anadys' compounds provide additional modes of action that could lead to interferon-free treatment regimens without viral resistance."Anadys' Board of Directors determined that the merger agreement and the transactions contemplated thereby are advisable, fair to and in the best interests of Anadys and its stockholders, and recommends that Anadys' stockholders tender their shares and, if necessary, adopt the merger agreement. Each of Anadys' directors and executive officers has agreed to tender their shares in the offer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV