The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation too over Country Bank of Aledo, which had $190.6 million in assets and $167.5 million in deposits.
The FDIC was appointed receiver and sold the failed bank's deposits to Blackhawk Bank & Trust of Milan, Ill. The acquiring bank also purchased $113.3 million of the filed bank's assets, with the FDIC retaining the remaining assets for later disposition.
The failed bank's two branches were scheduled to reopen Saturday as branches of Blackhawk Bank & Trust.The FDIC estimated that the cost of Country Bank's failure to the deposit insurance fund would be $66.3 million.
Thorough Bank Failure CoverageGeorgia leads all states with 20 bank failures this year, followed by Florida, with 11 failures, and Illinois, with eight bank closures. All 401 bank and thrift closures since the beginning of 2008 are detailed in TheStreet's interactive bank failure map:
Philip van Doorn. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/PhilipvanDoorn.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV