The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation too over Country Bank of Aledo, which had $190.6 million in assets and $167.5 million in deposits.
The FDIC was appointed receiver and sold the failed bank's deposits to Blackhawk Bank & Trust of Milan, Ill. The acquiring bank also purchased $113.3 million of the filed bank's assets, with the FDIC retaining the remaining assets for later disposition.
The failed bank's two branches were scheduled to reopen Saturday as branches of Blackhawk Bank & Trust.The FDIC estimated that the cost of Country Bank's failure to the deposit insurance fund would be $66.3 million.
Thorough Bank Failure CoverageGeorgia leads all states with 20 bank failures this year, followed by Florida, with 11 failures, and Illinois, with eight bank closures. All 401 bank and thrift closures since the beginning of 2008 are detailed in TheStreet's interactive bank failure map:
Philip van Doorn. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/PhilipvanDoorn.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV