The chemicals industry closed the day up 2.4%. Pacific Ethanol Inc (PEIXD), Pacific Ethanol Inc (PEIX), Verenium Corporation (VRNM), and China Green Agriculture Inc (CGA) were all decliners today within the chemicals industry with Yongye International Inc (YONG) being today's featured chemicals loser. Yongye International Inc fell 5 cents (-1.1%) to $4.45 on light volume. Throughout the day, 142,636 shares of Yongye International Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 391,900 shares. Yongye International, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the research, development, manufacture, and sale of fulvic acid based liquid and powder nutrient compounds for plants and animals, which are used in the agriculture industry in the People's Republic of China. Yongye International Inc has a market cap of $217.2 million and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 3.3, equal to the average chemicals industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 46.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Yongye International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Yongye International Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about YONG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV