Skechers USA Inc. (SKX): Today's Featured Consumer Non-Durables Loser
The consumer non-durables industry closed the day up 1.6%. Shiner International Inc (BEST), China Shengda Packaging Group Inc (CPGI), Physicians Formula Holdings Inc (FACE), and Kenneth Cole Productions (KCP) were all decliners today within the consumer non-durables industry with Skechers USA Inc (SKX) being today's featured consumer non-durables loser. Skechers USA Inc fell 32 cents (-2.2%) to $14.27 on average volume. Throughout the day, 946,035 shares of Skechers USA Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. Skechers U.S.A., Inc. engages in the design, development, marketing, and distribution of footwear for men, women, and children in the United States and internationally. Skechers USA Inc has a market cap of $577.3 million and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 34.8, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 27.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Skechers USA as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Skechers USA Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV