The financial services industry closed the day up 1%. FXCM Inc (FXCM), Cash Store Financial Services Inc (CSFS), Noah Holdings (NOAH), and Investors Capital Holdings (ICH) were all decliners today within the financial services industry with Nomura Holdings Inc (NMR) being today's featured financial services loser. Nomura Holdings Inc fell 3 cents (-0.8%) to $3.78 on light volume. Throughout the day, 301,580 shares of Nomura Holdings Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 480,100 shares. Nomura Holdings, Inc. provides financial services in Japan and internationally. The company operates in three divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale. The Retail division primarily offers investment consultation services to retail clients. Nomura Holdings Inc has a market cap of $13.2 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 40.8, above the average financial services industry P/E ratio of 24.8 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 40.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Nomura as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself, generally weak debt management, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Nomura Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about NMR
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV