Hutchinson Technology (HTCH): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Loser
The computer hardware industry closed the day up 1.6%. Radcom (RDCM), Performance Technologies Inc (PTIX), Xata Corporation (XATA), and Hauppauge Digital (HAUP) were all decliners today within the computer hardware industry with Hutchinson Technology (HTCH) being today's featured computer hardware loser. Hutchinson Technology fell 7 cents (-3.6%) to $1.87 on average volume. Throughout the day, 230,329 shares of Hutchinson Technology exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 229,900 shares. Hutchinson Technology Incorporated engages in the design, development, manufacture, and supply of suspension assemblies for disk drives. It operates in two divisions, Disk Drive Components and BioMeasurement. Hutchinson Technology has a market cap of $42.8 million and is part of the technology sector. Shares are down 47.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Hutchinson Technology as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow, poor profit margins and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Hutchinson Technology Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV