The basic materials sector closed the day up 2.9%. Cano Petroleum Inc (CFW), FieldPoint Petroleum Corporation (FPP), Pacific Ethanol Inc (PEIXD), and Pacific Ethanol Inc (PEIX) were all decliners today within the basic materials sector with Great Panther Silver (GPL) being today's featured basic materials loser. Great Panther Silver fell 10 cents (-3.9%) to $2.48 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.8 million shares of Great Panther Silver exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. Great Panther Silver Limited, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the acquisition, exploration, and development of precious and base metal properties in Mexico. The company primarily produces silver. It also produces gold, lead, and zinc properties. Great Panther Silver has a market cap of $355.7 million and is part of the metals & mining industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 44.2, above the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio of 31.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are unchanged year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Great Panther as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Great Panther Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about GPL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV