Global Partners LP (GLP): Today's Featured Wholesale Loser
The wholesale industry closed the day up 1.5%. Chindex International Inc (CHDX), Watsco Inc (WSO.B), Bluelinx Holdings Inc (BXC), and Longwei Petroleum Investment Holding Limite (LPH) were all decliners today within the wholesale industry with Global Partners (GLP) being today's featured wholesale loser. Global Partners fell 10 cents (-0.7%) to $15.18 on light volume. Throughout the day, 36,988 shares of Global Partners exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 85,700 shares. Global Partners LP, through its subsidiaries, engages in the wholesale and commercial distribution of refined petroleum products and natural gas, and provides ancillary services in the United States and internationally. It operates in two segments, Wholesale and Commercial. Global Partners has a market cap of $327.4 million and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 24.1, above the average wholesale industry P/E ratio of 22 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 44.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Global as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its robust revenue growth -- not just in the most recent periods but in previous quarters as well. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and deteriorating net income.
- You can view the full Global Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV