HILLSBORO, Ore. (TheStreet) -- Apple (AAPL) zealots are not the only ones thrilled to see the new iPhone 4S hitting stores on Friday - a select group of component suppliers are enjoying an iPhone boost.
In what has become something of tradition around Apple launches, 'teardowns' of the latest gear reveal which companies are providing the innards of each gadget. This time round, with the launch of the iPhone 4S, chipmaker TriQuint (TQNT) is the biggest winner.
|TriQuint is the big iPhone 4S winner.|
A teardown performed by the iFixit.com Web site, reveals two chips from power amplifier specialist TriQuint within the new iPhone 4S.The news sent TriQuint's shares surging 26% on Thursday, although the stock slipped 29 cents, or 3.92%, to $7.10 in Friday trading. Qualcomm (QCOM) is another company basking in the warm Apple glow. The San Diego-based firm, whose technology appeared in the Verizon iPhone, has maintained its relationship with Apple. A Qualcomm RF transceiver appears within the iPhone 4S, according to iFixit.com, as well as an upgraded version of a wireless chip found in the earlier iPhone. Qualcomm shares were up $1.04, or 1.95%, to $54.35 on Friday. Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) also has a power amplifier in the iPhone 4S, according to iFixit.com, as does Avago Technologies (AVGO), while Toshiba provides the phone's Flash memory. --Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV