It's been a fairly flat year for chemical manufacturer RPM International (RPM). With its now-4.12% dividend yield factored in, the firm's similarly sized price drawdown year-to-date is essentially zeroed out. RPM's core business is manufacturing chemicals used in the construction business -- well-known names such as DAP and Rust-Oleum are a key part of the firm's product portfolio.
Not surprisingly, that exposure to construction has proven challenging for RPM in recent years. Shares are still down from the levels that they reached in early 2008.Despite that depressed share price, dividend investors should be aware of this name. After all, RPM is one of the few companies out there that can boast more than 37 years of consecutive dividend increases. A sound balance sheet should help that trend continue for the foreseeable future, even after last week's 2.4% dividend increase. RPM is one of the top-yielding chemicals stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV