BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- With earnings season under way, let's take a look at some dividend stocks.
The start of earnings season this week is typically a major positive for dividend investors. That's because companies tend to group their dividend announcements around their earnings releases. It's a logical combination; after all, those earnings are supposed to be paying for those dividend checks.
This earnings season, the stakes are raised a bit. The weakness we've seen in the broad market in the last quarter has left many investors clawing for returns of any kind. As a result, the return of corporate cash to shareholders has become an especially popular option. A good quarter for dividends hikes will help bolster investor confidence at a fairly crucial time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV