NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The cleanup of Zuccotti Park, the park in Manhattan where the "Occupy Wall Street" movement has been camped, has been postponed.
Brookfield Office Properties (BPO), which owns the property, put off the cleaning, New York Deputy Mayor Cas Holloway told the protesters early Friday.
"Late last night, we received notice from the owners of Zuccotti Park -- Brookfield Properties -- that they are postponing their scheduled cleaning of the park, and for the time being withdrawing their request from earlier in the week for police assistance during their cleaning operation," the statement from the deputy mayor said.
Brookfield had planned to clean the park and then let the protesters back in, but without much of their sleeping gear. It was feared a confrontation between police and protestors, who have been camped out for about a month, would ensue after many protestors said the only way they would leave was through force.-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV