The conglomerates sector was unchanged today. Lydall Inc (LDL) was today's featured conglomerates winner. Lydall Inc rose 21 cents (2.1%) to $10.32 on light volume. Throughout the day, 50,087 shares of Lydall Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 72,200 shares. Lydall, Inc. designs and manufactures specialty engineered products for thermal/acoustical, filtration/separation, and bio/medical applications in the United States. It operates in two segments, Performance Materials and Thermal/Acoustical. Lydall Inc has a market cap of $167.2 million and is part of the conglomerates industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.2, above the average conglomerates industry P/E ratio of 14.1 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 25.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Lydall as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Lydall Ratings Report.
- Use our conglomerates section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about LDL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV