The aerospace/defense industry closed the day down 0.7%. TAT Technologies (TATT) and Astrotech (ASTC) were all winners today within the aerospace/defense industry with Hexcel Corporation (HXL) being today's featured aerospace/defense winner. Hexcel Corporation rose 22 cents (0.9%) to $23.49 on light volume. Throughout the day, 693,868 shares of Hexcel Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. Hexcel Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of lightweight and high-performance composites for use in commercial aerospace, space and defense, and industrial applications. Hexcel Corporation has a market cap of $2.3 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.1, equal to the average aerospace/defense industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 28.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Hexcel as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Hexcel Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about HXL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV