The consumer non-durables industry closed the day down 0.4%. Owens-Illinois Inc (OI), American Apparel Inc (APP), Joe's Jeans Inc (JOEZ), and Tufco Technologies (TFCO) were all winners today within the consumer non-durables industry with Energizer Holdings Inc (ENR) being today's featured consumer non-durables winner. Energizer Holdings Inc rose $1.15 (1.6%) to $72.46 on average volume. Throughout the day, 628,407 shares of Energizer Holdings Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 778,600 shares. Energizer Holdings, Inc. engages in the manufacture and sale of primary batteries, portable lighting, and personal care products worldwide. It offers carbon zinc, alkaline, rechargeable, and lithium primary batteries. Energizer Holdings Inc has a market cap of $4.8 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.3, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 2.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Energizer as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Energizer Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ENR
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV