The tobacco industry closed the day up 0.2%. Were all decliners today within the tobacco industry with Star Scientific Inc (CIGX) being today's featured tobacco loser. Star Scientific Inc fell 9 cents (-3.4%) to $2.59 on light volume. Throughout the day, 754,511 shares of Star Scientific Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.5 million shares. Star Scientific, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the development, implementation, and licensing of tobacco curing technology that prevents the formation of carcinogenic toxins present in tobacco and tobacco smoke, primarily the tobacco-specific nitrosamines (TSNA). Star Scientific Inc has a market cap of $370.1 million and is part of the consumer goods sector. Shares are up 37.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Star Scientific as a sell. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its declining revenues.
- You can view the full Star Scientific Ratings Report.
- Use our tobacco section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CIGX
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV