Alexandria Real Estate Equities Inc (ARE): Today's Featured Real Estate Winner
The real estate industry closed the day down 0.6%. China Housing & Land Development Inc (CHLN), NTS Realty Holdings Limited Partnership (NLP), China Real Estate Information Corporation (CRIC), and American Realty Investors Inc (ARL) were all winners today within the real estate industry with Alexandria Real Estate Equities Inc (ARE) being today's featured real estate winner. Alexandria Real Estate Equities Inc rose 92 cents (1.5%) to $61.71 on average volume. Throughout the day, 758,234 shares of Alexandria Real Estate Equities Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 593,900 shares. Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc., a real estate investment trust (REIT), engages in the ownership, operation, management, development, acquisition, and redevelopment of properties for the life sciences industry. Alexandria Real Estate Equities Inc has a market cap of $3.7 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.5, below the average real estate industry P/E ratio of 19.8 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 17% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Alexandria Real Estate Equities as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, compelling growth in net income, impressive record of earnings per share growth and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Alexandria Real Estate Equities Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV