The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
Asset Management firms devote significant resources to researching stocks. They sometimes even cross the line to try to obtain material non-public information before investing. Additionally, corporate insiders have material non-public information and they sometimes trade based on such information.
Other times they have an edge because they know their companies and industries better than almost all other investors do. We believe that by imitating the stock picks of these smartest investors in the world, investors are more likely to beat the market in the long term.Below we compiled a list of stocks both Whitman and insiders are bullish about. All stocks are in Whitman's portfolio and were purchased by at least one insider during the past three months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV