Pinnacle Financial Partners Inc. (PNFP): Today's Featured Banking Loser
The banking industry closed the day up 1.6%. First Place Financial Corporation (FPFC), Stewardship Financial Corporation (SSFN), Provident Community Bancshares Inc (PCBS), and United Community Banks Inc (UCBI) were all decliners today within the banking industry with Pinnacle Financial Partners Inc (PNFP) being today's featured banking loser. Pinnacle Financial Partners Inc fell 8 cents (-0.7%) to $12.29 on average volume. Throughout the day, 249,731 shares of Pinnacle Financial Partners Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 251,400 shares. Pinnacle Financial Partners, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for Pinnacle National Bank, which provides commercial banking services to individuals, small-to medium-sized businesses, and professional entities in Tennessee. Pinnacle Financial Partners Inc has a market cap of $406.9 million and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 41.1, equal to the average banking industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 8.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Pinnacle Financial as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that revenues have generally been declining.
- You can view the full Pinnacle Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV