The financial sector closed the day up 1.7%. First Place Financial Corporation (FPFC), Merriman Holdings Inc (MERR), American Realty Investors Inc (ARL), and Stewardship Financial Corporation (SSFN) were all decliners today within the financial sector with MFA Financial Inc (MFA) being today's featured financial loser. MFA Financial Inc fell 4 cents (-0.6%) to $6.37 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5.3 million shares of MFA Financial Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of six million shares. MFA Financial, Inc., a real estate investment trust (REIT), primarily invests in mortgage-backed securities (MBS) that include hybrid and adjustable-rate MBS. MFA Financial Inc has a market cap of $2.3 billion and is part of the real estate industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 6.7, equal to the average real estate industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 21.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates MFA Financial as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally poor debt management, disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full MFA Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MFA
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV