Cenovus Energy Inc. (CVE): Today's Featured Energy Loser
The energy industry closed the day up 0.9%. Cheniere Energy Inc (LNG), Camac Energy Inc (CAK), Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Company Limi (SHI), and Dejour Energy Inc (DEJ) were all decliners today within the energy industry with Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE) being today's featured energy loser. Cenovus Energy Inc fell 86 cents (-2.5%) to $33.45 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.3 million shares of Cenovus Energy Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. Cenovus Energy Inc. engages in the development, production, and marketing of bitumen, crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids (NGLs) in Canada with refining operations in the United States. Cenovus Energy Inc has a market cap of $24.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. TheStreet Ratings rates Cenovus Energy as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, robust revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally poor debt management and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Cenovus Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV