The insurance industry closed the day down 2.8%. First Acceptance Corporation (FAC), Baldwin & Lyons Inc (BWINA), 21st Century Holding Company (TCHC), and Homeowners Choice Inc (HCII) were all winners today within the insurance industry with FBL Financial Group Inc (FFG) being today's featured insurance winner. FBL Financial Group Inc rose 35 cents (1.2%) to $28.79 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 208,758 shares of FBL Financial Group Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 73,000 shares. FBL Financial Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, sells individual life insurance and annuity products in the United States. FBL Financial Group Inc has a market cap of $831.4 million and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 6.7, above the average insurance industry P/E ratio of six and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 0.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates FBL Financial Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full FBL Financial Group Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about FFG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV