The consumer non-durables industry closed the day up 3.6%. American Apparel Inc (APP), China Shengda Packaging Group Inc (CPGI), Acme United Corporation (ACU), and Superior Uniform Group (SGC) were all decliners today within the consumer non-durables industry with Mercer International Inc (MERC) being today's featured consumer non-durables loser. Mercer International Inc fell 9 cents (-1.2%) to $7.20 on average volume. Throughout the day, 276,413 shares of Mercer International Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 325,700 shares. Mercer International Inc., together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells pulp produced from wood chips and pulp logs. The company offers northern bleached softwood kraft (NBSK) pulp and market pulp. Mercer International sells its products primarily in Europe, Asia, and North America. Mercer International Inc has a market cap of $425.5 million and is part of the consumer goods sector. Shares are down 4.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Mercer International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins and generally poor debt management.
- You can view the full Mercer International Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MERC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV