Mercer International Inc. (MERC): Today's Featured Consumer Non-Durables Loser
The consumer non-durables industry closed the day up 3.6%. American Apparel Inc (APP), China Shengda Packaging Group Inc (CPGI), Acme United Corporation (ACU), and Superior Uniform Group (SGC) were all decliners today within the consumer non-durables industry with Mercer International Inc (MERC) being today's featured consumer non-durables loser. Mercer International Inc fell 9 cents (-1.2%) to $7.20 on average volume. Throughout the day, 276,413 shares of Mercer International Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 325,700 shares. Mercer International Inc., together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells pulp produced from wood chips and pulp logs. The company offers northern bleached softwood kraft (NBSK) pulp and market pulp. Mercer International sells its products primarily in Europe, Asia, and North America. Mercer International Inc has a market cap of $425.5 million and is part of the consumer goods sector. Shares are down 4.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Mercer International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins and generally poor debt management.
- You can view the full Mercer International Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV