Advanced Battery Technologies Inc. (ABAT): Today's Featured Industrial Loser
The industrial industry closed the day up 3.6%. Euro Tech Holdings Company (CLWT), SmartHeat Inc (HEAT), Clean Diesel Technologies Inc (CDTI), and Ener1 Inc (HEV) were all decliners today within the industrial industry with Advanced Battery Technologies Inc (ABAT) being today's featured industrial loser. Advanced Battery Technologies Inc fell 2 cents (-1.9%) to $1.05 on light volume. Throughout the day, 839,581 shares of Advanced Battery Technologies Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. Advanced Battery Technologies, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of rechargeable polymer lithium-ion (PLI) batteries. The company operates in two segments, Batteries and Electric Vehicles. Advanced Battery Technologies Inc has a market cap of $73.9 million and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 1.9, equal to the average industrial industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 72.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Advanced Battery as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Advanced Battery Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV