Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): Today's Featured Real Estate Winner
The real estate industry closed the day down 2.4%. American Realty Investors Inc (ARL), J.W. Mays Inc (MAYS), Impac Mortgage Holdings Inc (IMH), and Supertel Hospitality Inc (SPPR) were all winners today within the real estate industry with Texas Pacific Land (TPL) being today's featured real estate winner. Texas Pacific Land rose 62 cents (1.6%) to $38.18 on light volume. Throughout the day, 9,089 shares of Texas Pacific Land exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,800 shares. Texas Pacific Land Trust engages in the sale, lease, and management of land in the United States. It also retains oil and gas royalties, and involves in temporary cash investments. The company leases land to the ranching industry for grazing purposes. Texas Pacific Land has a market cap of $337.5 million and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 24.6, equal to the average real estate industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Texas Pacific as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Texas Pacific Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV