The food & beverage industry closed the day down 0.9%. Imperial Sugar Company (IPSU), Glg Life Tech (GLGL), American Lorain (ALN), and Central European Distribution (CEDC) were all decliners today within the food & beverage industry with Pilgrims Pride (PPC) being today's featured food & beverage loser. Pilgrims Pride fell 35 cents (-8%) to $4.04 on average volume. Throughout the day, 725,393 shares of Pilgrims Pride exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 898,100 shares. Pilgrim's Corp. produces, processes, markets, and distributes fresh and frozen chicken products to retailers, distributors, and foodservice operators primarily in the United States. Pilgrims Pride has a market cap of $885.8 million and is part of the consumer goods sector. Shares are down 38.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Pilgrims Pride as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, generally weak debt management, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Pilgrims Pride Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about PPC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV