The aerospace/defense industry closed the day down 0.4%. AAR (AIR), Ducommun Inc (DCO), Kaman Corporation (KAMN), and Edac Technologies Corporation (EDAC) were all decliners today within the aerospace/defense industry with FLIR Systems Inc (FLIR) being today's featured aerospace/defense loser. FLIR Systems Inc fell 57 cents (-2.1%) to $25.92 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.7 million shares of FLIR Systems Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.9 million shares. FLIR Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets thermal imaging systems worldwide. The company operates through two divisions, Commercial Systems and Government Systems. FLIR Systems Inc has a market cap of $4.2 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.7, equal to the average aerospace/defense industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 11% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates FLIR Systems as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including premium valuation, weak operating cash flow and deteriorating net income.
- You can view the full FLIR Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about FLIR
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV