CapitalSource Inc (CSE): Today's Featured Financial Services Loser
The financial services industry closed the day down 2%. Palmetto Bancshares Inc (PLMT), Millennium India Acquisition Company Incor (SMCG), ProShares Ultra KBW Regional Banking (KRU), and MF Global Holdings (MF) were all decliners today within the financial services industry with CapitalSource Inc (CSE) being today's featured financial services loser. CapitalSource Inc fell 39 cents (-6.2%) to $5.92 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3.2 million shares of CapitalSource Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.4 million shares. Operates as a specialized finance company that provides loans to small and medium-sized businesses. The company also selectively makes equity investments, engages in asset management and servicing activities, and invests in residential mortgage assets. It intends to qualify as a REIT in 2006. CapitalSource Inc has a market cap of $2 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.2, equal to the average financial services industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 11.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates CapitalSource as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full CapitalSource Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV