Credicorp Ltd (BAP): Today's Featured Banking Winner
The banking industry closed the day down 2.3%. Waccamaw Bankshares Inc (WBNK), Pathfinder Bancorp Inc (PBHC), Summit Financial Group Inc (SMMF), and Village Bank and Trust Financial Corporatio (VBFC) were all winners today within the banking industry with Credicorp (BAP) being today's featured banking winner. Credicorp rose 76 cents (0.8%) to $93.58 on average volume. Throughout the day, 434,842 shares of Credicorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 435,400 shares. Credicorp Ltd., through its subsidiaries, provides a range of financial products and services in Peru, Bolivia, and Panama. Credicorp has a market cap of $7.3 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.7, below the average banking industry P/E ratio of 15.8 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 21.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Credicorp as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, robust revenue growth, expanding profit margins, notable return on equity and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full Credicorp Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV