Pushing Daisies was a very different show than the rest of ABC's lineup at the time.
The show, starring Lee Pace and Kristin Chenoweth, was touted as a "forensic fairy tale" about a pie maker who could bring people back to life with a single touch, but with another touch they will be dead for good. The pie maker decided to bring back his childhood sweetheart when she died prematurely, but the catch was he could never touch her again.
The series received 17 Emmy nods and seven wins, including Outstanding Director in a Comedy and Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy. Pushing Daisies ran for two seasons from October 2007 to June 2009.In April 2011, creator Bryan Fuller said he would be interested in doing a Pushing Daisies mini-series on Starz but Netflix would be just as good a place as any to bring it back.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV