Veronica Mars aired for three seasons on UPN and then The CW before being cancelled in 2007.
Kristen Bell (now the voice of Gossip Girl) played a teen sleuth in the fictional Neptune, Calif. The series, which was created by Rob Thomas, averaged 2.5 million viewers per episode in its first season.
Thomas had pitched a fourth season that would have fast-forwarded to Veronica Mars as a newbie FBI agent, a premise that could still work if the series was revived.Following the cancellation, Thomas wrote a film script for the series, but Warner Bros. would not fund the project. Bell also tried to persuade the studio, taking to Twitter to cultivate a fan group to essentially beg for a movie. Bell has even said that if she had the capital she would fund a Veronica Mars movie herself.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV